Friday, March 18, 2016

Exterior LED lighting -- missing sconces on front columns (added later)
Lighting

Lighting is lots of fun.  Amazingly, we only have one fixture that we wish I had not selected (in the entry way).  And I wish that I had selected a chandelier for above the tub in the master bath -- but that can come later.

This one is not my favorite
Of course... found it for less on-line



I suggest making some preliminary selections prior to signing the contract and seeing how far over budget you are.

Our builder was very flexible, so we might have been able to save some money by shopping around.  Note: many builders may not allow this -- as they hold the supplier responsible for making sure everything is correct and expect them to make corrections ASAP and provide customer service.  The supplier usually orders and holds the fixtures until the builder is ready for them.

There are so many options.... I really wanted my husband to build some fixtures, but he was willing to spend extra $$$ instead. (not to mention he was gone for the last three weeks of the building process for work)

Our guest bedrooms need additional lighting sources, such as lamps.  Otherwise -- very pleased.

Bathroom lighting -- we installed sconces.... this was not originally planned, but it looks great.  As far as height, I searched internet to make sure the sconces were set at the proper height.

Lovely holes in the "painted" wall to pull the electrical for the sconces... 



Patched after sconces installed

Guest bath -- Mirror was from Kirklands and then tiled

Finished!!! Mirrors came from Ross -- less than $35/each

My formal dining room lighting -- my hubby let me splurge and I love it!!! 2020 Note: these lights are a pain in the rear to clean... it takes a magician to put the clamps back together to hold the glass globe! 

Kichler Brinley Collection 8 light Pendant | Olde Bronze42890OZ (Olde Bronze)

.  


**** update*****

So far all good on lights.  Just wish I had seen this ceiling fan for my living room... http://wildwestliving.com/western-star-ceiling-fan-cc-kvwst.html




No comments:

Post a Comment