Friday, March 18, 2016

Exterior selections

I spent many hours looking at photos, driving around with my husband looking at rock and brick combinations, and researching information.  I stressed and held my breath until the final product was actually installed.  These are things that once put up -- you are pretty well stuck with until you decide to move.

Rock -- we looked at builder's stone (irregular shaped) in a variety of colors; chopped stone (rectangular shapes -- typical of most Austin white limestone).  Bell's Stone was very helpful and gave addresses to go look at for the stone.  After looking through 1,000s of photos and 100's of houses, we settled on a stone called "French Country".  It has some grays and a bit of beige, and very little yellow.  I absolutely love it.

Brick -- Pewitt's Brick from Mineral Wells was fabulous.  We selected Claymex's Kansas Brownfield with a Handmade Buff Mortar (they use local sand to give the buff a bit of color)

Paint -- Initially I wanted a different color on the garage door, but it was going to be an extra $400, so we selected HGSW2484 Pebble Pathway and are very pleased with the results.

After days of fretting over these decisions -- I'm extremely pleased with the outcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment